The Bulgarian Association for Geotechnical and Tunnel Construction (BAGTC) is a non-profit national voluntary association of legal entities and physical individuals in the field of geotechnical and tunnel construction, which protects and represents the interests of its members and the branch as a whole. Through its activities, BAGTC contributes to the development and recognition of this sector in Bulgaria and abroad, stimulates the use of underground space for the benefit of sustainable national development, protection and improvement of the environment, as well as more effective urban planning.
AIMS OF THE ASSOCIATION:
- To support the development and the overall improvement of geotechnical and tunnel construction in Bulgaria and abroad;
- To support corporations and individuals involved in offering and performing these activities;
- To support the enhancement of their professional and social status, as well as the quality of the services;
- To establish and maintain an information system about the vacancies for individuals, qualified for this type of construction, and to support them in their professional career;
- To cooperate with other organizations for the establishment of high standards in their work;
- To work for wide international cooperation and exchange of knowledge, experts, personnel, expertise, technologies, practices and activities;
- To work for the creation of ecological and health awareness among those involved in this type of construction;
- To popularize and disseminate its ideas and goals, as well as to ensure the implementation of practical programs and social and professional functions;
- To facilitate the establishment of a permanent link between business practice and the achievements of academia.
MEANS FOR ACHIEVING THE AIMS AND SUBJECT OF ACTIVITY:
- Establishing a wide national and regional network of professional information structures to ensure the professional realization of enterprises and personnel, involved in geotechnical and tunnel construction;
- Supporting the introduction of modern practices for the implementation of these activities in Bulgaria and abroad;
- Organizing symposia, conferences, exhibitions, qualification courses; publishing literature, sponsoring students;
- Cooperating with government institutions and other organizations;
- Organizing, developing and implementing social projects, programs and other activities;
- Participating in national and international initiatives.